| || |
| || || |
DUMPSTERS AVAILABLE AT THE PARK FOR YOUR TRASH (Nov 3rd, 2011)
THE FIRE IS NOT GOING TO PUT ITSELF OUT (June 3rd, 2011)
- It was a very hot day July 3rd with many, many prior days of very dry conditions as the locals feared dry lighting strikes in the back of their minds. With a window rattling sound of very close thunder/lightening strike... Read more Click Here!
PAYMENT OF CCR ASSESSMENTS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE (Nov 11th, 2009)
- Our Accounting/Management company is where the annual assessments are to be sent... To pay online and/or by mail Click Here
LOW WATER CROSSING AT THE HUTCH AND BLACK CANYON (Aug 10th, 2009)
- The County has scheduled to build a
low water crossing with culverts through the Black Canyon at
the Hutch Road starting by the end of this September (2009).
Wow we just can't say thanks enough to our current hard
DEAD COYOTES AND BURNT TRUCK BED REMOVED (June 2nd, 2009)
- Again thanks to our board (Seymour
Viscardi headed up the effort), our website and to the many
property owners who called, sent letters and emails to the
Navajo County Public Works department. This eye sore has
been just off the 377 on the side of the Hutch Rd. as
everyone saw in route to the Chevelon Canyon Ranch for over
three months. If it weren't for the efforts of the CCR and
property owners this eye sore and health hazard more than
likely would still be there. Thanks to all whose concerns
for our ranch did their part in getting the county to act.
NAVAJO COUNTY YIELDS TO CC&Rs & DENIES PERMIT (Dec 10th, 2008)
- Thanks to our Board, our web site, and the many property owners who sent letters and emails to Navajo County asking that they deny a recent request by a CCR property owner for a Use Permit to construct and operate a commercial Assisted Living facility on the Ranch. The operation of a commercial business, other than a home office, is clearly forbidden by our CC&Rs, and all of your communications, along with the attendance by our President, Jerry Grubb, and Director Seymour Viscardi at the December 10th Navajo County Board of Adjustment hearing in Holbrook, brought that to the County's attention. BOA members voted unanimously to deny the permit stating that the County, as a matter of policy, would not over rule any Association CC&Rs. The BOA also stated that the County would normally consult with an Association before scheduling such a hearing, but neither our Management Company nor our Board had been officially contacted by the County. Quick response by local Ranch residents and property owners adjacent to the subject Parcel, with the help of our web site for wide area communications, enabled us to get officially involved in a timely manner. We hope that the level of our involvement sent a strong message to the County that we are significant and pro active. The BOA apparently wasn't fully aware of our significance since, during the hearing, they asked our President how many property owners we had.
thank the County who, in the end, did the right thing, and a
handshake goes to our fellow property owner that applied for
the permit who took the ruling against him in good sprit.
CC&Rs, like laws, are written in the best interest of
the majority, but individuals all think differently so there
will always be one or more provisions that someone disagrees
COMMUNITY WELL IMPROVEMENTS COMPLETED (Qct 18th, 2008) REPAIR OF COMMUNITY WELL IS COMPLETED (Nov 2007)
- We no longer need a generator to get
water from the community well. Other than knowing the lock
combination and bringing your portable water collection
tank, you will need one 2" Male Cam Groove Fitting and
hose... For detailed info on how to get water and what is
needed login to your Members' area from the Chevelon Canyon
Ranch homepage and click on the FAQ link. In the past, it
could take as long as an hour to fill a 300 gallon tank (45
minutes was the very minimum), and there were sometimes
additional waits for others in line on weekends that could
extend the time. As it is now you can fill 300 gallons in
about 15 minutes, what an improvement.
- The community well is now operational... The well has been raised and sealed to prevent the possibility of any water table contamination.
- Much easier and safer... Usage
instructions are posted within (Generator requirements are
being determined and will be posted soon - please check
BEWARE OF UNAUTHORIZED VOLUNTEER FIRE FIGHTERS (July 2007)
- You may have recently been approached or seen individuals wearing T-Shirts that claim to be Chevelon Canyon Ranch Volunteer Fire Department. The Ranch Owners Association does not sanction this group of individuals and they are not acting on the Associations behalf. It has been reported these individuals have entered onto properties uninvited and when confronted are claiming they were just checking out the fire situation. It has also been reported they are soliciting money donations for their Fire Department.
There may be a time where the services these individuals are offering might be useful; however, this assistance would be one Ranch Owner helping out another. Be aware, at this time there is no indication these individuals have any fire fighting training. Any services they may offer and any donations you might provide are between you and these individuals.
If you are
approached by any of these individuals please notify the
Board for tracking purposes and instruct them to contact the
Ranch Owners Association Board.
MEMBERS ELECTED NEW BOARD (April 2007)
- It?s that time of year again? new members have just been elected to serve on the board of our Chevelon Canyon Ranch Homeowners Association.
As you're aware, each new Board member brings a new and dynamic aspect to the future operation of our Association and with our involvement as active members can only make our Chevelon Canyon Ranch a better place for all. Elected offcials and Committee Chair contact information are within your Members Area (The login box to your Members Area is located on the upper right hand side of the home page).
We welcome our newly elected board
PROJECT MAP IS NOW WORKING (March 2007)
- Our Chevelon Canyon Ranch (CCR) Project Map is now working, however it is still undergoing further development. It is located on the upper left hand side of the CCR home page... Simply click the link to open the PDF file, use the + or - buttons to zoom in or out.
A special thanks
to Jerry Grubb our President for the many hours of
involvement with the creation of our Project Map.
NEW EMAIL SYSTEM IS NOW WORKING (March 2007)
- The old email system has had some
problems with some of the e-mail messages being lost
(dropped from the server) in the past, the new email system
is 100% better and is monitored by the board Monday through
Friday. Feel free to contact the board any time, please
allow up to 3 working days (however generally sooner) for a
COMMUNITY WELL SECURITY (Nov 2007)
- Updated info coming soon... Check
COMMUNITY WELL UPDATE (Nov 2007)
- WELL NEWS 11/19/2007 - The community well is now operational... The well has been raised and sealed to prevent the possibility of any water table contamination. Much easier and safer... Usage instructions are posted within (Generator requirements are being determined and will be posted soon - please check back). 11/08/2007 - The community well is under repair but has a 1,100 gal water tank on a trailer which is available for anyone to get water from 8:00am to 5:00pm every day until the community well is operational again.
08/10/2006 - The electrical plug on the Well Has been changed to a L14-30, its a 4 pin plug that should plug in to most Generators without the use of a Jumper Cord, if you are running a Generator that does not have this style there could be a couple reasons why, You may not have the proper Generator for running the well ie under powered or an older style Generator, if you have a problem with the hook up please let me know and I will do my best to Solve your issue.
Also Someone Cut the lock on the Electrical Hook up On the well and did some wiring, PLEASE STAY OUT of that Box, not only was it not Wired correctly, there were bare wires that could have caused injury to someone.
SHORTER ROAD - POSSIBLE SCAM (Oct 2006)
- Approx 2 years ago many of us were solicited for a $200 contribution to build a new, shorter road into the ranch. You should know that the Home Owners Association, the Board, Management company, the Land and/or Sales Office had nothing to do with this offer. Some of us sent in money and have heard nothing back... RESULTS: There were not enough contributions in order to raise the necessary money to build the proposed connecting road. With the money contributed a small section of the road was graded (the contribution money was spent); realizing that the wishful project wouldn't be completed another road between the Chevelon Canyon Ranch (CCR) and the Chevelon Canyon Retreat was graded (paid for by the originator). This road connection is not part of the CCR or the Chevelon Canyon Retreat however it was bladed to the specifications of the CCR and is a connecting road which will provide access out to the 504... A map is being generated and will be posted here - Check Back
- Some of the solar panels & batteries from those big new houses over by Ward Tank have been stolen 11-03-2007; the Sheriff dept has asked if anyone should spot anyone with new panels to please let them know (928-524-4450) so they can check it out.
- Thieves stole a Big Tex flat bed trailer and the 250 gallon water tank which was mounted on it from lot #99. The water tank is painted brown (unless the thieves have repainted it) and the black flat bed has a tall tail gate. If anyone should happen to spot it, please call the Sheriff in Holbrook (928) 524-4450) as it has been reported as a stolen vehicle and the Sheriff has all of the identification particulars.
If you have a crime to report please
click the e-mail link below.
We are always striving to keep this page up to date. If you have news to include here, please contact Website Administrator
| || || |